If children ride a bus to school, they should plan to get to their bus stop early and stand away from the curb while waiting for the bus to arrive. Other safety steps for students include:
- Board the bus only after it has come to a complete stop and the driver or attendant has instructed you to get on.
- Only board your bus and never an alternate one.
- Always stay in clear view of the bus driver and never walk behind the bus.
- Cross the street at the corner, obeying traffic signals and staying in the crosswalk.
- Never dart out into the street, or cross between parked cars.